Tuesday, November 29, 2016

22 MHC update

I have been dreading this post, hence why it didn't get written on Sunday like I normally do, or at least plan on doing. I haven't worked out since November 19th, which was 10 days ago. This is a horribly long stretch for me and it is honestly killing me. When you are in the habit of working out every day it becomes an addiction. 

The weekend of the 19th, we were out of town for a wedding. I woke up Sunday morning having some minor back pain. After being stuck in the car for 4 hours while driving home and the stress on the snowy roads, I was in a lot more pain by the end of the night. I didn't do anything specifically to give myself a flare up. It was probably a lot of things added up. Either way this put a stop to my working out for a little while.

Oh I guess I should give you a brief history. I had my back broken when I was 14. Bed rest for 3 months, back brace for 6 months, nerve damage going down both legs, always in some pain.., I have random flare-ups for no reason, and sometimes the slightest thing can cause a flare up. You never know when it is going to happen. No fun.
I should have just finished up week 4, did the PT test, measurements, etc. Instead I haven't gotten past week 3. In the past 10 days, I had a wedding weekend with not the best decisions made made on my eating, plus Thanksgivings, and no working out. I was afraid to step on a scale and take my measurements.

Then, wonderful TimeHop decided to show me a picture from a year ago I had taken as before photos. Then my curiosity got the best of me and I started to wonder how far I came in a year. I know I had some rough spots. I know I could have done better. I am not where I want to be, but I know I am not who I was physically or mentally who I was a year ago. A lot can change in a year, some noticeable to others, some not. 


To my shock I am still the same weight as what I was before I went away for the wedding weekend, and not working out in 10 days. I have lost 5 pounds since beginning 22 Minute Hard Corps and down 9 pounds in the last year. My weight have fluctuated back and forth in that time, but I am still the lightest I have been in years.
Now onto my measurements. Since starting 22 Minute Hard Corps I am down 6.5 inches. In the last year I am down 13 inches, which most of it being in my stomach. 
I really feel like this is the motivation I needed to kick my butt into gear and push play and push forward and hit my goals. 2017 is going to be amazing. Now just to give it another week and get back into working out. 


As always here's my weekly menu. I made lunches out of the leftover spaghetti squash from Sunday and chicken peppers and quinoa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment