Monday, May 16, 2016

How I determine my weekly menu right now

I have been getting so many questions lately about food prepping, meal prepping, and how I determine my weekly menu. Everyone does do it a little different. Here is the basics of what I do.

Food Prepping-


It is a proven fact that you are more likely to snack on something that is easy to grab. Hence why a bag of chips is so convenient, but not healthy. Sometimes you have to take the time to make healthy choices and have healthy snack easy to grab. Once a week, normally right after I go grocery shopping I food prep my fruit.
What do I mean by food prepping my fruit? I wash them, separate them, cut them up, and store them in clear easy to find containers in the fridge. I also will do this with vegetables to make them easy to snack on, like celery, peppers, carrots, etc.
So when I go in the kitchen to look for a quick snack I have fresh fruit and veggies ready to grab and go.

Meal Prep-
Depending on what I am making for the week depends on what I meal prep. If I am having stir fry. I will cut up the veggies and have them in a bag ready to cook in the fridge so I don't take that extra time on that nights dinner to have to sit there and chop them all up.
Also right when I get home from the grocery store when I buy meats, I separate them into meals. Instead of having 2 pounds of ground turkey frozen in a ball, I will separate it into two 1 pounds balls and freeze it that way. I do the same with pork chops, chicken, etc. 

Menu Planning-
Having your meals planned out is a huge deal. When you know what your going to eat and when, it leaves you not wandering around "Oh I'm hungry, what should I make? I'll just order a pizza" As of right now I only plan dinners each week. We do play it by ear for lunch. Breakfast is always the same for me of either eggs or oatmeal. I don't normally stray far from that.
When I am menu planning I first see what I have on had. I want to use up the veggies in my fridge before they go bad. I also have limited space in my freezer, so I have to use what I have also before I go buy more.


I also will look at the sale ads

No comments:

Post a Comment